One City First
City First and its network of public, private, philanthropic and community partners and affiliates work together to offer dynamic and coordinated financial solutions. Alongside our “family of companies,” City First Enterprises, City First Homes and City First Foundation, we deliver a seamless lending and deposit platform, and triple-bottom line results: people, planet and profits, in low-to-moderate income communities.
We envision communities in which every individual and family has the opportunity and access to prosper. We provide the intentional provision of capital and are focused on beneficial results to create, support and achieve economic equity.
We are honored to reinforce our mission commitment through our governance structure, public and private designations and certifications, and a business strategy that puts our customers and community FIRST.
We are part of a global community of people and organizations who have intentionally joined together to build a more equitable society. We cannot and do not do this work alone and strategically partner with values-aligned private and public sector partners to advance our collective vision.
- We are a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
- At least 60% of our lending targets low-to-moderate income communities
- Received an “Outstanding” Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Rating in September 2022, for our community development lending from 2019 through 2021
- We are a designated, Black-led, Minority Depository Institution (MDI)
- Majority African American led via Board and Management team
- Serving majority minority urban communities
- We are structured as a Public Benefit Corporation
- One of only 2 publicly traded financial services companies that are benefit corporations
- We are a certified B Corp
- Best for the World™ for Customers in 2022
- We are a Member of Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV)